ICT30519 - Certificate III in Telecommunications Technology
This qualification is for telecommunications technology operators who assess installation requirements, plan and perform installations, test installed equipment, and fault-find when issues arise with installed equipment.
Telecommunications technology operators may work on:
- customer cabling networks
- digital reception technology
- optical networks
- premises cabling
- radio communications
- rigging, which also involves installing and maintaining radio antennas on high structures such as radio towers, and building and mounting sections of radio masts for a complete radio structure
- telecommunications networking
- wireless networks.
Total number of units = 16 : 6 core units, plus 10 elective units
The elective units selected must consist of:
- at least 1 elective unit from Group A Workplace Technical Practice.
The remaining required elective units selected may consist of:
- up to 2 elective unit from Group B General Workplace
- up to 8 elective units from any of the elective groups with no more than 2 of these units from Group G Work Health and Safety
- up to 3 units from this or any currently endorsed Training Package or accredited course where the units are packaged in an Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) Level 3 or 4 qualification.
|Unit Code||Unit Title|
|ICTTEN202||Use hand and power tools|
|ICTTEN208||Use electrical skills when working with telecommunications networks|
|ICTTEN315||Determine and apply technologies within a telecommunications system|
|ICTTEN317||Locate, identify and rectify telecommunications network faults|
|ICTWHS204||Follow work health and safety and environmental policy and procedures|
|ICTWOR308||Provide customer service to telecommunications customers|
|ICTTEN207||Install and test internet protocol devices in convergence networks|
|ICTTEN313||Work on and resolve recurrent network faults|
|ICTCBL246||Install, maintain and modify customer premises communications cabling: ACMA Restricted Rule*|
|ICTCBL247||Install, maintain and modify customer premises communications cabling: ACMA Open Rule*|
|ICTCBL301||Install, terminate and certify structured cabling installation|
|ICTCBL303||Install and terminate coaxial cable|
|CPCCOHS1001A||Work safely in the construction industry|
|ICTTEN312||Install Telecommunications Network Equipment|
|ICTCBL220||Install a cable lead in|
|ICTCBL310||Install Aerial Cable|
Assessment information will be provided to you at the start of the course by your trainer and you must abide by the assessment requirements set by MW Training Consultants and your trainers. Your coursework will be returned with feedback from your trainer. Please allow adequate time for the assessment process before making an enquiry on progress.
All learners with MW Training Consultants are offered the opportunity for recognition of prior learning (RPL). If you believe that you have the pre-existing skills, knowledge and experience for all or part of this course, please contact our head office and request an RPL Guide. This will need to be filled out, with relevant documentation and returned to head office who will forward this on to your trainer for assessment.
You should ensure that any queries you may have about ICT20319 – Certificate II in Telecommunications Technology
have been fully addressed prior to enrolment.
Please note: MW Training Consultants cannot give advice to students regarding career outcomes from this course.
To enrol in this course, please complete the enrolment form and return to our Head Office.